Sunday, August 19, 2007

Product Review: Dry Cleaner's Secret

I've actually heard of similar products before but never had the nerve to try them out. The last thing I want is to permanently damage my favorite silk blouse. So instead, I spend a fortune on dry cleaning.

Even some of Girlie Girl's dresses (that were gifts) are Dry Clean Only. Who in the world would make Dry Clean Only clothes for kids? Worse yet, would buy these outfits? Okay, I admit I have some crazy friends (bless their generous hearts) who believe that looking good is worth any cost. However, these friends don't have kids of their own and have never experience the mess a child can get into within 5 minutes.

Enter Dry Cleaner's Secret.

I decided to test it out on one of my blouses first. Girlie Girl would never forgive me if I ruined something of hers! The directions are simple:
  1. Spot clean the garment by removing any visible spots with the cleaning cloth.
  2. Place garment in dryer with the Dry Cleaner's Secret cleaning cloth.
  3. Tumble dry on medium heat for 20 minutes.
  4. Remove garment immediately and hang.
This is the before shot:


And this is the after shot:


As you can see, my blouse is still in perfect condition with no shrinkage. It also smelled really good!

This product is not to be used as a replacement for professional dry cleaning, but instead as a way to "freshen up" an outfit you've probably only worn once. In addition, the Dry Cleaner's Secret Cleaning Cloths are environmentally safe and non-toxic. They do not contain
perchloroethylene (perc) or trichloroethylene, the chemicals used by some dry cleaners.

It's already been given the
"Queen of Clean Seal of Approval" from Linda Cobb, and featured in publications such as Real Simple, Parade, Domino and, coming soon, O the Oprah Magazine,

Bottom Line: As an occasional treatment, it worked the way that it promised. I think I'd use it on some of my clothes. However, I'm still a little weary about throwing my favorite cashmere blouse in the dryer. I'm just not that brave.

Would you like to try it for yourself? Just visit the Dry Cleaner's Secret Blog and tell me how they suggest you clean a musty/sour towel. The first 3 people who email me with the correct answer will receive a sample of Dry Cleaner's Secret to try out for themselves! Good luck!

6 comments:

Believer said...

Perspiration stains under your armpits are the bane of T-shirts, but we do have one solution: Soak the stained shirt in equal parts ammonia and water. Add a few tablespoons of dish soap and let it sit overnight. Wash the shirts as you usually would.

Now that's a tip! All the best in your contest/giveaway.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that I miised out on the free sample, but I have tried this product before, and I love it! It is great for items that have been worn only once or twice and you don't want to have to pay for dry-cleaning.

Anonymous said...

Where does the dirt go? Would you spritz on some perfume on your body after working out in the gym and call it a shower? Tumbling your garments in the dryer with a scented sheet may permanently set spots and stains, making them even more difficult to remove, thus ruining your clothes. This product is a poor subsitute for professional drycleaning.

Anonymous said...

Darcy - It's really not an alternative to professional dry cleaning. If your clothes are dirty, then this shouldn't be used. It more for items that have been worn once but are still pretty clean.

Thank you for your opinion.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory

Sarah Ignacio said...

I’ve tried lots of things to clean my rug but it didn’t work, that’s why I read about Dry cleaner and I successfully see the most fitted article about this dilemma of mine..