Monday, October 22, 2007

Product Review: Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch Bars

As a Mommy and a flight attendant, I'm always looking for healthy snacks that I can eat on-the-go. So when I was asked to do a product review on the new Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch Bars, I was all for it.

Out of the package you can just see how healthy this is. The bar is filled with almonds, peanuts and sunflower seeds all put together with sugar, corn syrup, and salt. These bars have 7 grams of protein, 0% cholesterol, and 8% saturated fat. I'm not particularly a "nut" lover (unless it's macadamia nuts) but I really enjoyed the taste, not too sweet and not too salty. The only thing I didn't care for is that it was a little too crunchy for me. By the time I was finished eating the entire bar, my jaw was tired of chewing and I needed a drink. But that could just be me. :-)

Still, this is a very healthy alternative to the junk food I'm usually throwing into my diaper bag. And if you like the crunch, you'll love these! Just make sure you have some water on hand!

No comments: