Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Review: Curves Whole Grain Cereal & Granola Bars

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've heard a lot about the Curves Weight-Loss Centers but I had no idea that they also make food products through General Mills. So when I was asked to review the new Curves Whole Grain Crunch Cereal and Chewy Granola Bars, I figured I'd give it a try.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


As most of you already know, I'm a cereal lover. However, I tend to be partial to the more sweetened ones - Lucky Charms, Cap'n Crunch, Frosted Flakes. So, I really wasn't expecting to like this new healthy cereal very much. However, it was actually pretty good.

Curves Honey Crunch has 28 grams of whole grain and 5 grams of fiber per serving. It wasn't as sugary as I'd like but I finished the bowl and actually chose to eat it again the next morning. Why? The toasted rice and wheat flakes were very crunchy and stayed so even while sitting in milk for a while. If you've ever had Smart Start, the texture of the flakes is what it reminded me of. As for the taste, there was just enough sugar to keep me eating. A very healthy alternative to what I usually consume!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

If you read my last review on Nature Valley's Nut Crunch Bar, you'll know that although I love crunchy, too much of a good thing can be bad. The Curves Chocolate Peanut Chewy Granola Bar was much better. There are 5 grams of fiber per bar and is also a great source of calcium. I wish the bars were a little bigger but with only 100 calories per bar, I guess it's a good trade-off. The Chocolate-Peanut flavor was really good. It kind of made me forget I was eating something healthy. I'm definitely buying this one on my next grocery shopping trip.

If you'd like to try a free sample, stop by Start With Curves.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

check out here replica bags vuitton Celine Dolabuy replica bags in bangkok look at here now replica bags philippines wholesale

sowheau said...

b3c28u7s77 h6d43y0c73 i6r71v1c29 f2h71e0t12 y2x29d5s05 v2c39w9g41