Tuesday, June 5, 2007

iPod Mania

Remember when the Sony Walkman was the "in" thing? Back in the early 1980's, the original Walkman introduced a change in music listening habits, allowing people to carry their own choice of music with them. No longer were we restricted to whatever the radio stations were playing. We now had a say as to what we listened to on-the-go.

Then in October 2001, Apple came out with their own version of the portable media player - the iPod. Who knew this would start a whole new revolution? As of April 2007, the iPod has sold over 100 million units worldwide. Almost everybody has one - including me.

The most important feature for me is the size. It's small enough to fit into my pocket which allows me to take it everywhere. It comes in very handy when I'm waiting in the terminal for my flights because it makes me a little more unapproachable to passengers wanting to know why their flight's been delayed (just kidding).

I also bought an icar cable which allows me to connect my iPod to my car radio. This eliminates the need to carry around all those bulky CDs and cases. It's also much easier now to find songs that I want to play. This is a great thing considering I'm not the best driver in the world.

And last but not least, it's great for Girlie Girl. We got her a shuffle awhile back and she loves it. I put all her songs on it and she can now listen to whatever she wants when we're driving to school. Don't worry, I periodically check the volume to make sure it's not too loud. An iPod may be a little extravagant for a 5 year old but not having to listen to the Cheetah Girls for the hundredth time - priceless.

If you're one of the few people out there that have not gotten an iPod yet, here's your chance. Best Buy is now offering an Apple 4GB iPod Nano and Chocolate Gift Set for only $189.99. An iPod and chocolate? What a great combination! This great gift set comes packaged in a mod polka-dot-patterned box inspired by the prism of iPod nano colors. Hurry and get yours while they're still available.

For those who already own an iPod, which one do you have and why do you love it?

No comments: